Auscon collects, purchases and processes used beverage cans.
Auscon, based in Perth WA, has the facilities to collect and process used beverage cans, or UBCs as they are called internationally. We can handle amounts from 5kg up to 5000 kg of cans.
Auscon has the facilities to collect and process used beverage cans (or UBCs as they are called internationally). We can handle anywhere from 5KG-5000KG of cans.
Aluminium is the second most widely used metal in the world today. It is used extensively in aircraft, building construction and consumer durables such as fridges, cooking utensils and air conditioners.
However, aluminium is not found in its metallic form naturally. It occurs as bauxite, which is a mixture of oxides, iron oxides and clay. Manufacturing the metal from bauxite is a complex and energy-intensive process – which is why it’s so important to recycle it.
The Benefits Of Recycling Aluminium
Recycling saves resources, energy and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Australia has a high rate of aluminium can recycling, but there is still room for improvement with around one billion cans ending up in landfill each year.
- Aluminium recycling does not ‘degrade’ the metal, which means it is infinitely recyclable.
- Recycling aluminium cans is a great way to make money for your school or service club and benefits the environment at the same time.
- For every tonne of the metal recycled, five tonnes of bauxite are conserved.
- Making a can from recycled materials rather than from bauxite saves 95% of the energy.
Even a small amount can make a big difference. Did you know that recycling just six aluminium cans can offset a 25 -kilometre train trip, a 17-kilometre bus ride or 10-kilometre journey in an average size car? Even recycling just one aluminium can saves enough electricity to power a TV set for three hours!
Our Cash For Cans Scheme
Auscon supports can collections as community fundraising initiatives and offers special prices for schools and service groups with an ABN.
Contact us today to find out how much we can reimburse you for your cans – and thereby boost fundraising at your school or service club!